- Submitted by Dahlia
(Mango Pops, Homemade Mango Ice candy, Maampazha Kuchi Ice, Aam Popsicle)
In India, mango is an all time favorite summer fruit. Kids and adults both equally enjoy eating it and making many dishes with it. I have shared many recipes with Mango here.
Today's recipe, Mango Popsicle, is a kids favorite. Its easy to make with kids, very refreshing and healthy too. In our house, during summers we love making homemade fruit pops and licking it throughout the day.
Mango Popsicle can be made in many ways. I have shared all the variations below. You can make it with plain water or some aerated drinks or milk or coconut milk. Each one gives a unique different interesting taste. So be sure to try them one by one.
Recipe For Mango Popsicle
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Waiting time : at least 6 hours
Serves : 6
- Ripe Mango - about 1 cup of chopped cubes
- Water/ Soda / Milk / Coconut milk - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - to taste
- Take 1 or 2 ripe mangoes. Peel the skin and chop it into small cubes.
- Blend together the mango cubes with the other ingredients to a smooth puree. (Check tips below).
- Pour it into Popsicle molds and close with a lid. If you do not have Popsicle molds, fill in small paper cups or glass cups. When it is partially set, insert the ice cream sticks. Continue to freeze until it is firmly set. It takes about 4-8 hours to freeze.
- When you are ready to eat, show the Popsicle molds under running water or dip it in a bowl of warm water for about 10 seconds. Gently pull out the Popsicle and demould. Enjoy !!
- You can flavor the Popsicle with saffron or cardamom powder. I prefer to keep it simple to highlight the mango flavor.
- While making the mango juice, the simplest way is to add just plain water to adjust the consistency. You could also add milk to get creamy mango pops. If you love tropical flavors, add coconut milk instead.
- Sometimes I like to add some lemon lime soda or any orange flavored soda which gives another interesting taste. I make these different variations depending on our mood and the ingredients that we have on hand.
More Recipes with Mango