- Submitted by Dahlia
(Mango Mock-tail, Mango Lemonade, Summer Mango Juice)
Mango Punch is a perfect summer mock-tail to beat the summer heat. It is very simple to make for a huge crowd. I love to make this for parties, as it is a crowd pleaser. I have shared my recipe with a few variations below. Feel free to experiment with other combinations to make your punch more interesting.
Recipe For Mango Punch
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Serves - 2
Ingredients (For 2 adults)
- Mango – 1 (about ½ cup of mango pulp)
- Lemon Soda (or any aerated drink) – 1.5 cups
- Vanilla Ice cream – 1 scoop
- Mint Leaves - 4
Method (For 2 adults)
- Wash and peel the mangoes. Chop the flesh into small pieces. Using a blender, make a smooth puree of the mango pieces. You can also use store bought mango pulp.
- Take two tall serving glasses and add some ice cubes. Add ¼ cup of the mango puree in each glass.
- Fill the cup with any lemon soda (like sprite). You can add 2 mint leaves in each cup and top it with a scoop of ice cream for some added freshness in the drink.
- Serve with a straw or stirrer. You may also mix the whole thing in a pitcher before serving.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge. You can also make a pretty presentation by rubbing the rim of the serving glasses with some lemon and then dipping it in some sugar. The granules of sugar get stuck in the edges making it very attractive.
Ingredients (For a party)
- Mango Pulp - 1 can (30 oz) or puree from 5 mangoes
- Lemon Soda – 2 litres
- Ginger ale/Orange Soda – 2 litres
- Vanilla Ice cream – 4-5 scoops
- Orange – 1 (cut into thin circles horizontally)/ Strawberries – 5 (chopped) /Mint leaves - 10
- Ice cubes – 2 cups
Method (For a party)
- Take a punch bowl and mix all of the ingredients above – mango pulp, lemon soda and ginger ale.
- Top it with vanilla ice cream.
- Add the orange circles (or strawberry pieces or mint leaves). These fruit pieces or mint leaves floats on top and makes a beautiful presentation. At the same time it imparts some flavor to the drink.
- Mix everything one and serve.
- You can experiment with different flavored aerated drinks like orange soda (like Miranda) or Pineapple soda or Strawberry soda.
More Recipes With Mango