- Submitted by Dahlia
(Marble Cake, Vanilla Chocolate Cake)
Jump to recipe ↓
Marble Cake is a pretty looking double coloured cake with a beautiful marble design. To make this first two different cake batters are made. The most popular variety of marble cake is the one made with vanilla and chocolate flavours. When adding the batters in the cake pan, it is swirled using a butter knife to create the marble pattern.
I have also made marble cake using strawberry and vanilla flavour once for a party. Whatever combination of colors you make, no doubt it all looks beautiful. Be free to experiment with your children. They will enjoy it. For now, I'll share the recipe for Vanilla-Chocolate Marble Cake.
Recipe For Marble Cake
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 75 minutes
Serves : 10-15
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 2.5 cups
- Cocoa Powder - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Oil (Any oil) - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Eggs - 4
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Prepare a bundt pan or a loaf pan. For this apply butter all around nicely, sprikle some dry flour so that the whole pan is well coated. Keep this aside.
- Preheat the oven to 325degree F (170 degree C).
- Take the eggs in a large mixing bowl and beat it nicely.
- Add the sugar, oil and butter to this and keep mixing. It should become creamy and pale in colour.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in another bowl. Sieve this a couple of times to remove any lumps.
- Add this little at a time into the wet mixture. Also add some milk. Mix together.
- Repeat by adding the flour and milk alternatively while mixing continuously till you get a smooth batter. Do not overmix. Finally mix in the vanilla extract.
- Pour 2/3rd of the batter into the prepared cake pan. Tap the pan to even up the batter and remove any air bubbles.
- To the remaining 1/3rd of the batter, mix in the cocoa powder. Our chocolate batter is ready.
- Pour this on top of the vanilla batter. Using a skewer or a butter knife, slightly swirl the batter to create a marble pattern.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool the cake before slicing. Enjoy.
Detailed Steps to make Marble Cake
Prepare the vanilla cake batter with the ingredients given above. Pour 2/3rd of the batter into a prepared bundt cake pan.
To the remaining 1/3rd of the batter, mix in the cocoa powder to prepare the chocolate batter. Pour this on top of the vanilla batter.
Using a skewer or a butter knife, slightly swirl the batter to create a marble pattern.
Bake the cake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Delicious cake is ready.
- You can also make zebra patterned cakes.
- Instead of chocolate and vanilla flavors, you can also try with different fruit flavors. eg :- You can make a white batter and a strawberry batter to make strawberry zebra cakes.
More Cake Recipes