- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Sprouted Fenugreek Seeds Sabzi)
Jump to recipe ↓
Health benefits of fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds are a rich source of minerals, vitamins, and phytonutrients. It is good for digestion and help relieve constipation. It is also rich in many vital vitamins including thiamin, pyridoxine (vit.B-6), folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin-A and vitamin-C that are essential nutrients for optimum health.
Medicinal uses of fenugreek seed
Its seeds have been used in many traditional medicines as laxative, digestive and as a remedy for cough and bronchitis. If used regularly, fenugreek seeds may help control cholesterol, triglyceride as well as high blood sugar (glycemic) levels in diabetics. Fenugreek seeds added to cereals and wheat flour (bread) or made in gruel is given to nursing mothers to increase milk synthesis.
Recipe For Methi Sprouts Sabzi
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Serves : 2
Shelf life : Hot and fresh, if in fridge till evening.
- 1 cup Methi (Fenugreek) Sprouts
- 1 cup Tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Sugar/Jaggery (optional)
- 1 tsp Ghoda masala
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- Few Curry leaves
- In a pan, add the oil, when it becomes hot, add the seasoning when the seeds splutters add the curry leaves.
- Add the onion and ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till it becomes soft.
- Add the sprouts and saute the same for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the masalas, turmeric powder and again saute for two minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, salt, sugar and boil the same till it is cooked well and dry.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
NOTE: If you want to make it in a gravy form, add more water.
More Sprouts Recipes