- Submitted by Beryl
(Paal Ice, Kuchi Ice)
Jump to recipe ↓
Popsicles or locally known as Kuchi Ice is one of ur childhood favourites. Before all these fancy Ice-cream brands entered the market, these Kuchi Ice was popular among kids, especially in villages. The ice-cream seller would ring his hand bell and come in his cycle. Kids wold get excited hearing that sound. I also have fond memories of having popsicles or kuchi ce with my cousins at my grand parents place. One of the most common kuchi ice was the one made with milk, known as Paal Ice i.e. Milk Popsicles.
Milk popsicle is an easy way to add milk in kids diet, particularly if they hate milk. I thought of preparing this popsicle especially for my daughter, as she really hates to drink milk. When I made this popsicle and gave it to her, she enjoyed it. In this page, let’s see how to make this popsicle in a hygeinic way at home.
Recipe For Milk Popsicle
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Freezing time: 8 hours
- Full cream milk - 2 cup
- Condensed milk - 3/4 cup
- Vanilla essence - 2 tsp
- In a vessel, take 2 cups of full cream milk. In India, you need to take boiled and cooled milk.
- Add 3/4 cup of condensed milk and 2 teaspoon of vanilla essence. Mix everything well and check the taste.
- Adjust the sugar content by adding or reducing the condensed milk.
- Pour this into the popsicle mold.
- Then put the stick over each one.
- Put this in freezer. Allow it to settle and freeze by leaving it in freezer overnight.
- Next day the popsicles will be set and ready to serve.
- Take a popsicle mold and wash under running tap water for about 10 seconds, so that the cover comes off easily from the popsicle. Enjoy tasty popsicles.
- If you do not have popsicle molds, pour the milk in small cups, Cover with alumium foil and insert ice cream sticks.
- To make it in the traditional Indian flavour, add crushed cardamom powder instead of Vanilla essence.
More Ice Cream Recipes