- submitted by Dahlia on 09-12-2008
(Kalan Dosai, Mushroom Masala Dosai, Gucchi ka Dosa)
Dosa Batter - as needed
Mushroom Masala - as needed (Pepper Mushroom
or Chettinad mushroom
or Mushroom Fry
Oil/Ghee/Butter - as needed
1. You can make the mushroom masala using any of the following recipes - Chettinad mushroom or Mushroom Fry or Pepper Mushroom.
2. Pour a spoonful of batter on a hot dosa griddle. Immediately spread it using the back of the spoon using concentric circular motion.
3. Add few drops of oil/ghee/butter on top.
4. Once the first side is cooked, you can flip the dosa or let it cook as it is.
5. Once the dosa is completely cooked add the masala in the center as shown.
6. Cover the masala with the dosa as shown in the picture.
7. Serve with hot sambhar and chutney varieties.
Click to see the basic masala dosa recipe.
Make a dosa
Spoon some mushroom masala in the center
Fold over the dosa on one side
Close the other side of the dosa