- Submitted by Dahlia
(Kalan Dosai, Mushroom Masala Dosai, Gucchi ka Dosa)
My neighbours daughter is fond of mutton but her family is very particular about following the hindhu customs.They don’t cook or eat nonveg during a particular month of an year (Puratasi month as we call in Tamil). The child was carving for mutton dishes during the month and her mom was very much disturbed about her kid’s taste buds. Then I suggested trying mushrooms.
As suggested by me, my neighbour made the Mushroom Dosa next day for breakfast and to her excitement, her daughter was so happily eating. Mushroom almost has the meatiness and texture of any non-veg item. At the same time they are rich in fibre, minerals and proteins.They are cholesterol free and they are excellent antioxidants.
This Mushroom Masala Dosa Recipe is an alternative to the traditional Masala Dosa that is made with potato filling. It could be cooked for evening snacks after the kids come back from school, for breakfast or even for guests. Your guests will appreciate you for serving a rich meal. It is rich on flavour and also healthy.
Now comes the yummy tasty Mushroom dosa recipe for you.
Recipe For Mushroom Dosa
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- You can make the mushroom masala using any of the following recipes - Chettinad mushroom or Mushroom Fry or Pepper Mushroom. My favorite is the simple Mushroom Fry.
- Pour a spoonful of batter on a hot dosa griddle. Immediately spread it using the back of the spoon using concentric circular motion.
- Add few drops of oil/ ghee/ butter on top.
- Once the bottom of the dosa is cooked and brown spots appear, add the masala in the center as shown.
- Cover the masala with the dosa as shown in the picture. Cook for another minute and remove on to a serving plate.
Prepare the Mushroom masala.
Make a plain dosa. Drizzle some oil or ghee on top.
Spoon some mushroom masala in the center when the dosa is cooked well.
Fold over the dosa on one side.
Close the other side of the dosa. Cook for another minute.
Remove on to a serving plate.
Serving Mushroom Dosa
- Serve the mushroom masala dosa with hot sambhar and chutney varieties.
- It can also be had without any accompaniment.
More Dosa Recipes