- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Vishu Pachadi, Tamil New year Pachadi)
Jump to recipe ↓
This is made during the new year of tamilians as well as on vishu of keralities. This is a must try item. The tanginess of mango, sweetness of jaggery and the neem flowers makes this a lovely stuff. If u cannot get neem leaves, add a piece of two of bitter gourd. The purpose of making this is to remind us that our life is sour, sweet and bitter like this pachadi.
Recipe for New Year Mango Pachadi
- 2 Mangoes sliced as shown in picture. (raw mangoes)
- 2 tblsp Jaggery grated
- 1 tsp Neem flowers
- Turmeric powder
- Mustard seeds
- Fenugreek seeds
- Red chilli
- Curry leaves
- In two cups of water cook the mangoes and neem flowers with salt and turmeric powder till they are soft.
- Add the jaggery and cook for another 10 minutes till they are blended together.
- Season with the items mentioned for seasoning.
More Raw Mango Recipes