- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Kachi Am Sharbat, Manga Sharbat)
During summer, our taste buds long for cool drinks. Cold drinks which are made out of natural fruits are good for health than the commercial ones.
The king of fruits has arrived in the market and all are enjoying the delicious mango milkshake, mango ras (am ras) with puri, mango lassi and many more dishes made out of it.
Today I am presenting a mango sharbat made out of raw mango. This is equally good like the drinks made with ripe mangoes to have chilled in summer. It is also very easy to make.
Recipe For Raw Mango Sarbat
Preparation time: 25-30 minutes
Cooking time: nil
- Raw mango - 1 medium
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Saffron strands - few
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Grate the raw mango along with the skin. The skin of the mango should not be bitter, choose such mangoes. If not, peel the skin before grating.
- Grind them in mixer with a cup of water. Strain through the tea strainer.
- Add a cup of sugar, salt and saffron. Mix well. Sugar can be increased according to your choice. If you prefer khatta/meetha (sweet/sour), adjust the quantity of sugar depending upon the sourness of mango.
- Add more water to bring to the consistency of sharbat. Serve chilled.
NOTE: Here i have not mentioned the quantity of water as it all depends upon the sourness of the mango juice extracted.
- Keep refrigerated and enjoy the drink for up to a week.
- You can add 3-4 mint leaves while grinding to get the flavor of mint.
More Raw Mango Recipes