- Submitted by Dahlia
(Vengaya Thayir Pachadi)
Recipe For Onion Raita
- Curd - 1 cup (You can use home made curd or store bought plain yogurt)
- Onion - 1 big (or 2 small)
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Finely chopped cilantro (coriander leaves) - 1-2 tsp
- Black Salt - to taste
- Roasted cumin powder - a pinch
- Pepper powder - a pinch
- Red Chilly powder - a pinch
- Sugar - a pinch
- Remove the skin of the onion and chop it. You can thinly slice it or chop it finely.
- Take the yogurt in a mixing bowl and beat it until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the chopped onion along with salt and coriander leaves.
- Add the seasoning ingredients as per your taste.
- Mix it well and serve.
All the ingredients under 'Seasoning' can be added according to individual taste. You can skip or add depending on your personal preference. In my place, we prefer to add the seasoning when I make onion raita for parathas. However when I make raita for biryani, I prefer to keep it plain with just a little salt.
More Raita Recipes