- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 28th March 2013
Orange peel of one orange
2 tbsp Tuvar dal
3 Dried red chillies
Small piece of tamarind
3 tbsp Grated coconut
Few curry leaves
A pinch of asfoetida
1. Chop the orange skin finely.
2. Roast the tuvar dal and red chillies with one tsp oil.
3. Saute the orange peel also till it is soft.
4. When it is cooled down, mix all the ingredients and grind to a coarse/smooth paste. Tuvayal is ready.
You have to develop a taste for this as it may not be liked by everyone. Hence try with little quantity.
Time taken: 15-20 minutes
You can also try orange peel pachadi or orange peel sweet chutney.