- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on Oct 1st 2014
(Upwas na cutlet, Vrat wale tikki, Navratri special fasting recipes, Raw banana Yam Cutlet)
Since I am deprived of eating potatoes, I always try to make something as an alternate to potato which is healthy too. Here is a great alternative cutlets which is traditionally made with potatoes. This healthy cutlet is made with raw banana and yam. This recipe is perfect to have during the fasting days.
- Raw Banana - 1
- Yam - 1/4 kg
- Ginger green chilly paste - 1 tsp
- (Add garlic on non fasting days)
- Shingade ka atta (Water chestnut Flour) - 100 gms
- Coriander leaves - handful (chopped)
- Sendha namak (Fasting salt) - to taste
- Sooji( Rava) - for coating
- (You can use bread crumbs on non fasting days)
- Oil - to fry
- Cut both the ends of banana.
- Peel the skin of the suran (yam) and cut it into one inch pieces.
- Steam cook the yam and raw banana until soft.
- Remove the skin of banana and mash it. Also mash the yam and mix both together.
- Add sentha namak, shingade ka atta, chopped coriander, green ginger paste and make a soft dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- Flatten the same like pattice and coat with sooji.
- Heat a non stick tava and drizzle some oil.
- Place the shaped cutlets on to it.
- Apply little oil and cook both the sides till it turns brown.
- Serve hot with chutney. On non fasting (vrat) days you can have it with sauce too.
Cooking Time : 1 hour
Serves : 3
Other Navaratri Recipes