- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Kaddu ki Burfi, Poosanikai Burfi, Bhoplyache Vadya)
Pumpkin burfi made out of vari tandul and boiled pumpkin, sugar, ghee.
Recipe For Pumpkin Burfi
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45-60 minutes
- 1 cup Red pumpkin boiled and smashed
- 1/2 cup Vari tandul
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 1/2 cup Sugar ( +/- as required by you)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 pinch Kesari colour
- 2 drops Vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp Ghee + little for geasing the plate
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom (elaichi) powder
- 2-3 pinch Nutmeg (jaifal) powder
- 1 tsp each Charoli and Charmagaz
- 1/2 Cashew (kaju) pieces for garnishing.
- Heat ghee in a kadai, add the vari tandul and roast the same as you roast for the sheera.
- When it changes the colour to brown slightly, add 1 cup of water. Cover and cook till the water is dried up in slow flame.
- Add the sugar, boiled and smashed pumpkin, grated coconut, and kesari colour. Keep stirring and cooking till it leaves the kadai.
- Add elaichi powder, vanilla essence, charoli, charmagaz and mix well for another two minutes.
- Transfer it into a greased plate. Allow it to cool. Cut into desired shape. Garnish with cashewnuts and serve.
Variation: with mango pulp, apple pulp, papaya pulp.
More Pumpkin Recipes