- submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 2nd Sep 2013
(Mixed Vegetable Curry)
Mix up of all vegetables means you are getting most of the vitamins, minerals,proteins and carbohydrates. Pumpkin is rich in anti oxidants. Pumpkin juice consumed thrice in a day half an hour before meals is good for ulcer and high acidity.
Yellow pumpkin - 1/2 kg
Raw banana - 1
Sweet potato - 1 big
Arbi(Colaciaso) - 3-4 small ones
Potato - 1 big
Papdi (Beans) - 4-5
Brinjal - 2-3 small
Tamarind pulp - 1 big lemon size
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Jaggery - 1 tsp (optional)
To grind to a paste (Masala)
Coconut - 1
White til (sesame seeds) - 2 tsp
Rice - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 4 tsp
Red chilli - 10-15 (adjust according to your requirement)
Oil - 1 tsp
curry leaves - 1-2 twigs
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
1. Cut the vegetables into big pieces and cook the same with tamarind pulp, turmeric powder, salt and jaggery.
2. Grate the coconut and fry the same till dark brown with 1/2 tsp oil and keep aside.
In the same kadai, roast the rice, urad dal, red chilli with 1/2 tsp oil. Roast the sesame seed separately.
Grind the above ingredients of masala to a coarse paste using little water.
3. Add the masala to the veggies and boil
4. Season with the items mentioned under seasoning
5. Serve hot with steamed rice or chapati.
: 30 - 45 minutes
: 30 minutes
: 5- 6
: a day