- Submitted by Dahlia
(Turmeric Milk, Spiced Milk, Home Remedy Medicine)
With the start of rains, starts the season of flu, common colds and sore throats. School kids tend to get it more often. Turmeric milk is one of the simplest home remedies that is sure to reduce your symptoms of cold and sore throat.
Turmeric Pepper milk is a very traditional folk medicine used for curing many ailments like sore throat, wounds, skin diseases, stomach problems. It is also used as a face mask. It is so soothing for a sore throat due to the antibacterial properties of turmeric. Have a cup of this milk before you go to bed and you will surely feel better by morning.
Recipe For Turmeric Pepper Milk
- Milk - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp
- Honey/ Palm sugar – to taste
- Ginger – 1” piece
- Cardamom - 1
- Bring milk to boil. Add turmeric powder and pepper powder.
- Crush the ginger and cardamom. Add this to the boiling milk. While this is totally optional, ginger also helps cure sore throat while cardamom adds a nice flavor.
- Add honey or palm sugar to give the desired sweetness. If you do not have these, just use white sugar.
- Mix well and switch off. Strain the milk and serve hot.
- Have a cup of turmeric milk before going to bed.
More Home Remedies