- Submitted by Dahlia
(Balloon Vine Leaves Drink)
Mudakathan Keerai is a herb very commonly used in Ayurvedic treatments for Rheumatic Arthritis, Dysentery, Joint Pains etc. However it is not very commonly available. It is not regularly used in every household due to its bitter taste. It is good to include this herb in your diet at least once in a month. You can make this kashayam with fresh leaves or mudakathan keerai powder.
Recipe For Mudakathan Keerai Kashayam
- Mudkathan Keerai - handful
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp (crushed)
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Salt - as needed
- Pepper - as needed
- Wash the keerai and chop it roughly.
- Take two cups of water, add the cumin seeds, turmeric powder, asafoetida and chopped keerai.
- Bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Strain it. Add required salt, pepper and serve immediately.
More Home Remedies