- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
Vegetable frankies are yet another option to feed the children those who are not eating vegetables.
Recipe for Vegetable Frankie
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Wheat Flour - 1/2 cup
- Maida - 1/2 cup
- Salt - as needed
- Oil or Ghee - as needed
For Vegetable Masala
- Potatoes - 2 (boiled and mashed)
- Capsicum - 1 medium size (finely chopped)
- Onion - 1 medium size (finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1 medium size (finely chopped)
- Green Peas - 2 tbsp (boiled)
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp (optional)
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cheese - as required
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Chopped onion, Chopped coriander leaves, Grated cheese, Grated carrot, Grated beetroot, Chaat masala, Nylon sev - as per your choice
- Mix the flours and salt. Add water and make a stiff dough. Keep aside for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, make the masala. Heat oil in a kadai, add the chopped onions and fry for two minutes.
- Add chopped capsicum and tomato. Cook till the tomatoes become mushy.
- Add the mashed potatoes. Also smash the green peas and add to the masala.
- Add salt, chili powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Cook till is nicely blended.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, mix and keep aside.
For making Frankies
- Knead the dough well again and make equal portioned balls. You get around eight balls.
- Take one ball and roll out the same like you roll the chapatis.
- Heat a non stick tava, place the roti on it and cook. Flip the other side to cook.
- When you get black spots on it apply oil on both the sides.
- Remove it to a plate, arrange the masala on it in the center lengthwise.
- Add some chopped onion, grated cheese, chopped coriander leaves, grated carrots, grated beetroots and little chat masala.
- Fold it and serve hot with sauce. Repeat the same process for the remaining dough.
More Street Food Recipes