- Submitted by Dahlia
(Watermelon Ice Pop, Watermelon Ice Gola, Watermelon Ice Lolly, Fruit Ice Candy, Fruit Pops)
Jump to recipe ↓
Watermelon popsicle or Ice pop is an interesting way of serving fresh #watermelon to kids or adults. You have to puree the watermelon and freeze the juice in popsicle molds. These popsicles can be served as cool, refreshing summer time snacks.
Popsicles or locally known as Kuchi Ice is one of ur childhood favourites. Before all these fancy Ice-cream brands entered the market, these Kuchi Ice was popular among kids, especially in villages. The ice-cream seller would ring his hand bell and come in his cycle. Kids wold get excited hearing that sound. I also have fond memories of having popsicles or kuchi ce with my cousins at my grand parents place.
Watermelon popsicle is a favourite popsicle for my kids during the hot summer school holidays. Let’s see how to make this.
Recipe For Watermelon Popsicle
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Freezing time: 8 hours
- Watermelon pieces - 2 cups
- Sugar or honey - as per taste
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Wash the watermelon and cut into medium size pieces.
- In a blender, put watermelon pieces, honey or sugar and lime juice and blend well.
- Add honey as per taste and blend well.
- Pour that into the popsicle mould.
- Place the stick above each mould and keep in freezer for overnight.
- Next day it is ready to serve. Show the popsicle mould under the running water to remove the cover and enjoy it.
More Ice Cream Recipes