- Submitted by Dahlia
(Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes)
Jump to recipe ↓
Pancakes as all know are soft, spongy and yummy to be had as a breakfast. Blueberry pancakes are a delicious variation made with fresh blueberries. The sweetness of the blueberries along with the softness of the pancakes makes it super delicious. It can be served with honey or any breakfast syrup. I never fail to make it during season.
Recipe for Blueberry Pancake
- All-purpose flour (Maida) – 2 cups
- Sugar - ¼ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Buttermilk – 1 ¾ cup
- Refined oil – ¼ cup
- Eggs – 2
- Blueberries – 2 cups
- Butter - for cooking the pancakes
- Take a large mixing bowl and beat the eggs in it.
- Add the buttermilk and oil and whisk together.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in it.
- Whisk together just until everything is blended. Do not over-mix the batter. You can mix the blueberries with this batter or add them while cooking.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes. In the meantime, preheat a griddle or pan on medium heat.
- Add little butter to grease the pan. Pour a small ladleful of batter. Let it spread by itself.
- Pour as many pancakes that can be made in the griddle/ pan.
- Add few blueberries on top of each pancake. Cook the pancakes for 3-4 minutes, until bubbles form on top of the pancakes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Cook the remaining pancakes.
- Serve the warm Blueberry Pancakes with maple syrup or blueberry syrup and top it with butter.
More American Recipes