- Submitted by Dahlia
(Quick Lunchbox Wrap)
Jump to recipe ↓
Wraps are a very convenient way of having lunch at work places. It is wholesome, filling and tasty. The best thing is that it is versatile. You can keep changing the fillings and flavours each day so that you don’t get bored.
Today I will share Chicken wraps that I used to make often for my husband’s lunchbox. You can substitute chicken with paneer or tofu cubes too. I used multi grain flatbread to make these wraps. Tortillas or even chapathis can be used to make these wraps. Kids would also love these.
Recipe For Chicken Wraps
- Multi-grain flatbread - 2
- Chicken Breast - 1
- Vegetables (Peppers, Onions etc ) - 1/2 cup
- Red Chilly Sauce - 1 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 1 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 2 tsp
- Olive Oil - 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper (Crushed) - to taste
- Cut the chicken breast into thin strips.
- Heat oil in a pan on high heat. Add the chicken strips and saute for couple of minutes. The chicken will get almost cooked.
- Move the chicken to the edges of the pan and add some oil in the center.
- Now add the vegetables. Fry for another couple of minutes. I usually prefer to add onions and capsicum but you can add other vegetables like sliced carrots, cabbage etc.
- Add required salt, crushed black pepper, chilly sauce and soya sauce as per taste. Saute till the sauces are completely absorbed by the meat and veggies.
- Check for seasoning and adjust anything if needed. Switch off.
- Take a flat bread. Spread some mayonnaise on it. Add additional hot sauce or ketchup if you prefer,
- Spoon in the sauteed chicken and vegetables in the middle. Cover the sides and bottom. Roll it tightly to form a wrap.
- You can wrap with a tissue paper on one side to keep it secure and also help while eating.
- Keep it in lunchboxes and start your trip.
More Lunch Box Recipes