- Submitted by Beryl
(Mixed Vegetable Sandwich, Kids Lunchbox Sandwich, Veg Sandwich)
Vegetable sandwich is the most commonly made type of sandwich in India. It can be made with raw vegetables or cooked vegetables. In this recipe I have used raw vegetables like carrot, cabbage and cucumber. You can also add raw vegetables like Spinach, lettuce, avocado, corn, olives, boiled potatoes etc. to make this sandwich. It is a great lunchbox recipe for kids. The vegetables can be changes depending on what you have on hand. This sandwich is usually made with white bread in India. To make it healthier, you could use whole wheat bread or multi-grain bread.
Recipe for Vegetable Sandwich
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Bread (Any type of bread) - 2 slices
- Lebanese Cucumber or English Cucumber (chopped) -1 small
- Carrot (grated) - half
- Cabbage (grated) - 1 small cup
- Cheese- 1 slice
- Tomato sauce - 1 tsp
- Mayonnaise - 1 tsp
- Take two slices of bread and place it on a dry plate. Spread about 1 tsp of mayonnaise on one bread. Spread tomato sauce on second bread.
- Grate and keep all the vegetables ready. Spread the grated carrots, cucumber and cabbage on the bread containing mayonnaise evenly.
- Place the cheese slice over the vegetables. Cover this with the bread containing tomato sauce.
- Carefully shift this to the bread toaster. Switch it on and close the lid. Wait for 2 minutes or till the green color light turns on. If necessary press the lid so that cheese melts.
- You can see the appearance of light golden brown color on to of bread. The sandwich is ready.
- Switch off the toaster and take it in a plate or cutting board. Using a knife cut it into 2 equal portions and serve.
- You can use any other vegetables like lettuce, spinach, olives, mushrooms or corn depending on your taste.
- You can also use other sauces like BBQ sauce, mint chutney etc. as a spread to make sandwich.
- You can also use shredded cheese instead of cheese slices.
More Sandwich Recipes