- Submitted by Dahlia
(Chili Gobi, Cauliflower Chili)
Jump to recipe ↓
There are many Indo-Chinese recipes that are very popular and liked by many. One among the fusion recipe is Chilli Gobi. Cauliflower florets are coated with flour, spices and deep fried. It is then coated with few sauces to make a delicious, crispy end product.
Chilli gobi is a delicious side-dish that can be made when you plan for a Indo-Chinese fusion meal for your family or guests. In restaurants, Ainomoto is added to get that authentic flavour. If you prefer you can add it or skip it if you are allergic to it.
Recipe For Chilli Gobi
- Cauliflower – 1
- Corn Flour – ¼ cup
- All Purpose Flower – ¼ cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Water – as needed
- Oil – for frying
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Spring Onion – 3 (chopped)
- Garlic – 5 cloves (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1” piece (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – ½ (sliced)
- Onion – ½ (sliced)
- Ajinomoto – a pinch (optional)
- Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Sauce – 2 tsp
- Tomato Sauce – 2 tbsp
- Corn Flour – 2 tsp
- Water – 3 tbsp
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Put it in a bowl of salted hot water to kill the worms in it.
- In a mixing bowl, take the all purpose flour, corn flour, salt, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste. Mix it.
- After the cauliflower soaks for about 5 minutes, sieve the florets and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Mix with little water so that the flour coats the cauliflower well.
- Deep fry or shallow fry the florets in some hot oil. Keep in a paper napkin to remove excess oil.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add finely chopped whites of spring onion, ginger, garlic and green chilli.
- Saute for a minute. Next add sliced onion and capsicum. Saute for a minute.
- Add all the sauces – soy sauce, red chilli sauce and tomato sauce. Mix corn flour in some water and add it to the sauces. Add required salt and ajinomoto.
- After it comes to a boil, add the fried cauliflower florets and greens of spring onion. Toss well till the sauce coats the florets and switch off.
- Chilli gobi needs to be served straight off the stove. It can be enjoyed as a starter.
- Chilli cauliflower can also be served as a sidedish for fried rice, white rice, chapathi or noodles.
More Cauliflower Recipes