- Submitted by Trupti
(Hirva Mirchi Cha Techa)
Jump to recipe ↓
Hirva mirchi cha thecha is a Maharashtrian style green chili chutney made with green chilies and garlic cloves. It is popular in state of Maharashtra. Dark green chilies and garlic cloves are steamed and crushed in mortar pestle. Hirva mirchi cha thecha chutney goes well with bajari bhakari. This combination is especially made during winters.
Recipe For Hirva Mirchi Cha Thecha
- Fresh Dark Green Chilies - 15-20
- Garlic Cloves - 10-15
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Cut the green chilies into 2 pieces. Just be careful that there should be no water.
- Take a iron kadai or tawa. Heat oil in it.
- Add the chilies and fry on low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add garlic cloves and cumin seeds (jeera) and again fry it till chilies and garlic changes colour. You will get strong blast, gust of chilli as and when when you keep stiring, be little careful.
- Once chilli and garlic starts changing colour add salt and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Switch off the stove and allow kadai to rest for sometime.
- Grind the mix (thecha) using mortar and pestle when it’s still warm. If the chilies get completely cooled then it won’t grind in mortar pestle.
- Serve with garam garam (hot) bhakri and fresh dahi (curd).
Note: While eating thecha, add extra sajuk tup (ghee) on bhakari so that you don’t get stomach burn.
More Chutney Recipes