- Submitted by Trupti
(Fried Garlic and Roasted Peanut Chutney)
Jump to recipe ↓
Lasanacha Bhurka is a chutney of fried garlic and roasted Peanuts. It’s basically originated from Marathawada region of Maharashtra. It is quick, easy to make delicious, spicy chutney. When you are really bored of repetative veggie sidedishes, Lasanacha Bhuraka is a good option. It blends well with Paratha, Dal rice or can be used as spread with rolls too. It can be stored in an air tight container upto at least 10 days. Its perfect even while traveling.
Recipe For Lasanacha Bhurka
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Garlic Bulb - 2
- Groundnut - 1 vati (cup)
- Red Chili Powder - 1 to 1.5 tsp
- Curry Leaves (Kadipatta) - 2 strings
- Fresh Coriander Leaves - 1 handful
- Oil - 5-6 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Peel the garlic bulb, and just cut into halves.
- Dry roast the groundnuts. When cooled, peel and remove the skin and crush very roughly.
- In a kadai heat oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds (jeera), asafoetida (hing), curry leaves (kadipatta) and let it splutter.
- Add chopped garlic and fry till golden brown. Fry garlic on low flame as it should be crispy and not burn.
- Once garlic gets nice golden colour add shegadane kut (crushed groundnuts), red chilli powder, salt, finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and stir for about 2-3 minutes. Everything blends together and becomes crispy.
- Let it cool completely and then store in an air tight container.
- This goes well with dal rice or roti.
More Chutney Recipes