-Submitted by Trupti
(Lahsun Chatani, Dry Garlic Coconut Chutney)
Jump to recipe ↓
Maharashtrian lasanachi chutney or dry garlic chutney is very famous and is available in all houses in Maharashtra. Here is a simple, straight forward recipe to prepare this spicy and tasty garlic and coconut chutney powder. This lasanachi chatani goes well with vada pav, batata vada, peethala bhakari, etc...
Recipe for Lasanachi Chutney
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Grated dry coconut - 3 cups
- Garlic - 10-12 cloves
- Red chili powder - 4-5 tsp (adjust spice as per your need)
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) - 2-3 tsp
- Asafoetoda (Hing) - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Slightly dry roast the grated dry coconut and cumin seeds separatly and set aside to cool. This is just to remove moisture if any in dry coconut.
- Take a mixie jar, add the roasted ingredients and the remaining ingredients. Grind coarsely.
- Use only pulse (incher) mode of mixer grinder to avoid lump forming.
Serving Lasanachi Chutney
- Normal bread butter gets twist when we sprinkle this garlic chatani.
- This chatani is served with Vada - Pav, Batata vad, Peethala - Bhakari.
More Dry-Chutney Recipes