- Submitted by Dahlia
(Tea with Lemongrass)
Jump to recipe ↓
Lemongrass tea is the most refreshing tea that I have ever tasted. It has a nice lemony aroma and a unique fresh flavour. Recently my friend gifted me a pot of lemongrass and that's how I started making this tea. I love having this tea after a heavy meal or just on any tired day. You could add other flavourings like mint, honey, ginger etc. to the tea but today I would like to share the simple lemongrass tea recipe with you.
Recipe For Lemongrass Tea
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Lemongrass - 3 stalks (about 1 cup chopped)
- Water - 4 cups
- Jaggery (or honey) - to taste
- Take 2 stalks of lemongrass, chop the stem and the leaves roughly.
- Heat 4 cups of water in a pot. Add the chopped lemongrass and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Strain the stalks from the liquid. Add jaggery or honey as per taste.
- Serve hot or chilled as per your choice.
- Serve the fresh lemongrass tea hot along with some crackers or biscutes.
- You can chill the lemongrass tea and serve is as cold tea.
More Hot Beverage Recipes