-Submitted by Dahlia
(Motichoor Ladoo with Channa Dal)
Jump to recipe ↓
Motichoor Ladoo is a delicious ladoo made with tiny boondis. It is very juicy and tasty. It is loved by many. However, making it might be a tedious task. One day one of my friend suggested a new ladoo recipe that looks like the motichoor ladoo. She said it was a great alternative to making a motichoor ladoo using channa dal. I was very curious about that.
The very next day I tried out the recipe that she shared. The results were amazing. The ladoos came out perfectly. The only thing I missed was the juiciness of the traditional motichoor ladoos. Other than that, these ladoos looks and tastes great. It can be made easily and enjoyed any day. I encourage everyone to try it out once.
Recipe For Motichoor Ladoo with Channa Dal
Preparation time: 2 hours (including soaking time)
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Channa dal (Kadalai Paruppu, Bengal Gram Dal) - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Cashew Nuts - 2 tbsp
- Raisins - 2 tbsp
- Ghee - 4 tbsp
- Oil - for frying
- Orange food colour - few drops
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Wash the channa dal 2-3 times thoroughly to get rid of that raw smell. Soak it for 1-2 hours.
- Drain the excess water and grind the soaked dal coarsely in a mixie. Do not add any water.
- Pinch out small portions of the ground dal mixture and fry it in some oil mixed with 2 tbsp ghee.
- Fry it for just 1-2 minutes. Do not let it change colour. When it is still yellow, remove onto a plate.
- After it is cools, crumble the fried pakoras in a mixie jar.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, melt the sugar with some water. Cook it till it reaches one string consistency.
- Add orange food colour and cardamom powder to this. Switch off the flame.
- Now add the crumbled dal to this and mix well.
- In a small pan, add 2 tbsp ghee. Roast the cashews and raisins till golden brown.
- Add this to the prepared ladoo mix. Toss well.
- After it cools slightly, you can start shaping the ladoos.
- Enjoy this ladoo as a snack, dessert or as a festival dish.
More Ladoo Recipes