- Submitted by Dahlia
(முள்ளங்கி பொரியல், Daikon Radish Poriyal, White Radish Thoran)
Jump to recipe ↓
Radish is a root vegetable that has numerous health benefits. It is very good for ones liver and stomach. You can commonly see red radishes and daikon radishes in India. White radish, also known as daikon, is commonly seen in Tamilnadu. Though many people only make Mullangi Sambar, poriyal made with mullangi also tastes delicious. It is quick to make and tastes great with white rice and some curry. Try this delicious recipe and share your comments.
Recipe for Daikon Radish (Mullangi) Poriyal
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Daikon Radish (Mullangi) – 2 (chopped)
- Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Chilies - 2
- Garlic -1 (crushed)
- Coconut - ¼ cup(grated)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tsp
- Dry red chili – 1 (broken)
- Curry leaves - few
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Heat oil in a kadai and pop mustard seeds, urad dal, broken dry red chili, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions, green chilies and garlic. Saute for a while.
- Add chopped radish pieces along with required salt. Sprinkle some water, cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and add freshly grated coconut Stir fry for 2-3 minutes till all the moisture dries up.
- Switch off. Tasty Radish Poriyal is ready to be served with rice or roti.
More Radish Recipes