- Submitted by Dahlia
(Potato and Raddish Fry)
Jump to recipe ↓
When it comes to kids lunchbox, potato fry is the most sought after one by children. They just love it with all kinds of variety rice. What if we can make the same potato fry healthier by adding additional vegetables with it?
Here is one such option. I have combined crunchy radishes with potatoes and fried them together. Both the vegetables are cut in the same shape and stir-fried with some spices. The final product looks so appetizing. It can be enjoyed as a side dish for white rice, variety rice or roti. It’s a great idea to include radishes in your menu.
Recipe For Radish Potato Fry
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Potatoes – 2 (1 cup cubed)
- Radish (White or Red) – 1 cup (cubed)
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Peel the vegetables, wash and cut into small cubes. Both potatoes and radish should be cut in same shape and size so that it cooks uniformly.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan. Add the potato and radish cubes. Toss together so that the oil coats the veggies.
- Sprinkle some water, cover with a lid and let it cook for 4-5 minutes. The steam formed inside will help cook the vegetables. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking to the bottom.
- Once the vegetables have become soft, open the lid and add the spices – salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Add 1 tbsp oil and curry leaves at this stage. Stir fry for the next 3 minutes. The spices will coat the veggies and it will get well roasted. Switch off.
- If you like some additional masala, add 1 sliced onion with 3-4 crushed garlic at the beginning.
- You can also add some carrots along with this.
- Enjoy this dry fry with rice and some curry like rasam, sambar or moru curry.
- It also goes well with chapathi and variety rice.
More Potato Recipes
More Radish Recipes