- Submitted by Dahlia
Manchurian is a tasty Indo Chinese style preparation that is enjoyed by everyone. The most popular is Gobi Manchurian. These days many different manchurian preparations are made. Today I am sharing a protein-packed Soya Chunks Manchurian preparation that is absolutely delicious. It is also healthy.
Soya Chunks are high in protein and is a great option for vegetarians. Even non-veg lovers will enjoy its texture. This soya manchurian can be served as an appetizer or served as a side-dish with fried rice or noodles. It is also a great choice to make for guests or parties. Do try this and enjoy.
Recipe For Soya Manchurian
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Soya Chunks - 250 gms
- All purpose flour (Maida) - 2 tbsp
- Corn flour (or corn starch) - 1/4 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Red Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper powder -1 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Water - 3-4 cups
- Onion - 1 or 3-4 whites of spring onion (chopped)
- Garlic - 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chilies - 2 (finely chopped)
- Capsicum - 1 (Sliced)
- Tomato Ketchup - 2 tbsp
- Red Chili Sauce - 2 tsp (or as per your spice level)
- Soy sauce - 2 tsp
- Vineger - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Corn Starch - 1 tbsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Boil the water in a vessel, add salt to this. Add the soya chunks to this and switch off. Keep this covered for 15 minutes.
- After it cools down, sqeeze out all the water from the soya chunks. This step is important to prevent the chunks from becoming soggy.
- Take the chunks in a bowl, add the ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, black pepper powder, soya sauce and salt to this. Mix together.
- Add corn flour, all-purpose flour and mix together. The soya will be moist and the flour will stick to it. Only if needed, add 1 tbsp of water.
- Fry these chunks. You can either deep fry in hot oil or shallow fry in a pan. Keep this aside.
- In a kadai or frying pan, take 2 tbsp oil and saute the finely chopped onions, ginger and garlic. Add the sliced capsicum and saute for 2 minutes.
- Mix the tomato sauce, red chili sauce, vineger, soy sauce, corn flour and water in a bowl. Take water depending on the sauce you need.
- Add this sauce mix to the pan. Add salt and black pepper powder as needed. Bring it to a boil.
- Finally add the fried soya chunks and toss with the sauce. Mix together so that the sauce coats the soya chunks.
- Add finely chopped green onions and switch off. Enjoy tasty soya manchurian immediately for the best taste.
More Soya Chunks Recipes