- Submitted by Dahlia
(Cauliflower Egg Bhurjee, Cauliflower Egg Stir Fry, Cauliflower Egg Poriyal, Gobi Egg Bhurji)
Recipe for Cauliflower Egg Bhurji
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Cauliflower - 1 (finely chopped)
- Eggs - 3 (beaten)
- Onion - 1 (chopped)
- Green Chillies - 3-4
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 strand
- Garlic - 1 clove (grated)
- Ginger - 1/2 " piece (grated) Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Clean the cauliflower, chop it into florets and drop it in hot salted water. Let it sit in hot water for about 5 minutes. This will kill tiny worms inside the florets.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal add curry leaves.
- Fry the chopped onions and green chillies.
- When the onions turn golden brown, add the cauliflower along with required salt. Let it cook for a couple of minutes. Since the cauliflower is very finely chopped, it gets cooked in 2 minutes.
- In the meanwhile beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add the eggs to the cauliflower. Also add crushed black pepper. Do not disturb that for the next couple of minutes.
- After that, toss everything together and stir fry till the egg gets cooked. Switch off.
Detailed Steps to make Cauliflower Egg Bhurji
Clean the cauliflower and cut it into florets. If you like the cauliflower to be in even smaller pieces, grate the cauliflower or use a food processor to shred it.
Put them in hot water with salt for about 5 minutes to get rid of tiny worms. After 5 minutes, drain the water. Now it is ready to cook.
Heat oil in a pan, pop the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal add curry leaves.
Add the chopped onions and green chillies. Fry for couple of minutes.
When the onions turn golden brown, add the chopped cauliflower and required salt. Cover and cook until the cauliflower becomes tender.
Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add it to the cauliflower. Also add freshly crushed black pepper. Leave it undisturbed for the next 2 minutes.
After that,stir fry till the egg gets cooked and blends with the cauliflower pieces. Switch off and enjoy.
- Serve this with rice, as a side dish for chapatti or stuff with bread to make a simple sandwich.
- You can also have it as a salad.
- You could try this bhurji with pretty much any vegetable of your choice. Some of the options are mushroom egg bhurji, corn egg bhurji, paneer egg bhurji, cabbage egg bhurji, potato egg bhurji, capsicum egg bhurji, carrot egg bhurji, beans egg bhurjee, asparagus bhurji, etc.
More Cauliflower Recipes