- recipe by Rani submitted on 08-06-2008
Chicken Tikkas - 1 lb
Tomato puree - 1 Cup
Ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
Cashews - 1 tblsp (4-6 coarsely powdered)
Heavy cream - 3-4 tblsp
Oil -2 tbsp
Kasoori methi (fenugreek leaves powder) - 1 tsp
Corriander Powder - 2 tsp
Garam masala -1/2 tsp
Cayenne pepper/ Red Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cilantro - for garnish
1. Make chicken tikkas as per the recipe.
2. Heat a non stick pan with oil. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 min in low flame.(monitor its not burnt)
3. Add the tomato puree and cashew powder. Cook until it thickens to form a paste.
4. Now add garam masala, cayenne pepper, corriander powder and kasuri methi.
5. After 1 min add the heavy cream and stir in low flame to get a thick paste. Also add leftover marination masala(optional).
6. Now add the tikkas and cook for 2 mins and switch off.
7. Garnish with cilantro and serve with naan, chappathi or rice.