- Submitted by Rani on 6th Aug 2008
(Punjabi Chicken Tikka Kebabs, Chicken Tikka Dry Kebabs, Cooking Chicken Tikka In Oven, Chicken Kebabs)
This chicken tikka recipe can be easily prepared in home using the conventional oven. Chicken tikka kebabs are very good as an appetizer or snack. This can be also used to prepare chicken tikka masala.
Chicken Breast/ Boneless Chicken -1 lb(cut into bite size pieces)
- Onion, Colored Bell Peppers,Tomato (diced) - 1 cup (optional)
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper - 1 tsp
- Chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Yogurt - 1 Cup
- Cashew nuts - 2 tbsp (crushed)
- Lemon -1/2 (juiced)
- Cilantro (finely chopped) - 2 tbsp
- Red color - few drops(optional)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
Mix all the ingredients under marination except chicken and veggies to form a paste.
- Now add the marination to the chicken pieces and veggies to coat it .
- Let it marinate for at least 3 hours in refrigerator (increased marination time gives soft chicken with all masala taste).
- Take bamboo skewers and soak in water for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Grease a baking dish with few drops of olive oil and spread the marinate chicken pieces and veggie pieces on it.
- Bake it for 10 minutes and flip the chicken pieces and again bake for 10 minutes(to evenly cook the chicken)
- Now take the baking dish out from oven and place the chicken and veggies in skewers(use paper towel to handle chicken if its very hot).
- Now place the skewers in the oven at 350F for another 10 minutes(this gives the flavor and taste like in tandoori).
- Now chicken tikka is ready to be served.
You can also grill the tikka on a stove top griddle if you do not have oven.
- If you don't have skewers just place it in a baking sheet in the rack above heating rod (check that it does not get burnt.
- Serve the hot and yummy chicken tikka by sprinkling few drops of lemon juice as a snack.
- Chicken tikka can be used for preparing chicken tikka masala.
More Chicken Recipes