- Submitted by Dahlia on 6th Dec 2007
I recently found some cranberries in the market bright red and attractive. As always i was quite curious about trying it since I've never had it before. But it was after i tasted it that I realized that i couldn't eat it raw. It was too sour. So i tried to use it for cooking different recipes. Now i love cranberries and can't wait to get the next box.
This chutney can be made with or without sugar. With sugar it can be had as a dip for any appetizers. Without sugar it can be had with chapatti, rava dosa etc.
- Cranberries - 1 cup
- Dry Red chilies - 4
- Garlic- 1 clove
- Sugar - 1 tbsp (optional)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Cilantro - handful (finely chopped)
Heat oil in a pan. Splutter the cumin seeds with dry red chilies.
- Next add the garlic and cranberries. Sprinkle few drops of water and let it cook for few minutes until the cranberries become soft and the skin bursts.
- Let the mixture cool a bit.
- Next grind the mixture with required salt, sugar and little cilantro.
More Recipes With Cranberry