- submitted by Dahlia on 01-22-2008
Fresh Cranberries - 1 bag (8 oz)
Water - 1 cup
White Sugar - 1 cup
Brown Sugar/ Jaggery - 2 cups
Vineger/ Orange juice - 1/2 cup
Cardomon powder - a pinch (optional)
1. Wash the cranberries and cook it in the microwave for 2 minutes. If you do not have microwave, bring the water to a boil and add the cranberries. When the cranberries skin pops and it is half cooked, remove from stove.
2. Puree the cooked cranberries along with the water in a blender.
3. In a pan, mix the remaining water, brown sugar, white sugar, vinegar/orange juice, cardomon powder and bring it to a boil.
4. Add the cranberry puree and cook until it reaches the jam consitency.
- If you like cranberry pieces in the jam just omit steps 1 and 2. Add the fresh cranberries directly to the boiling syrup.