- submitted by Dahlia on 03-30-2008
Cranberries - 2 cups
Oil - 4 tblsp
Mustard seeds - 1 + 1 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds - 1 tsp
Asaefoetida powder - a pinch
Chilly Powder - 2 tblsp
Turmeic powder- 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1 tblsp or to taste
1. Wash the cranberries and dry it nicely using a paper towel.
2. In a pan, dry fry 1 tsp of mustard & fenugreek seeds. Once it cools, grind it to a coarse powder.
3. Take oil in a pan and splatter 1 tsp Mustard seeds. Add the cranberries along with asaefoetida and toss together.
4. After few minutes, the cranberries will burst and get mashed up. At this stage add the chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt. You can also skip the cooking part and keep the cranberries raw. The first picture is made using raw cranberries and the second one is cooked version.
5. Next add the coarsely powdered mustard-fenugreek mixture to it and stir in well for 2-3 minutes. Cool and store the cranberry pickle for upto 6 months.
- The cranberries should be completely dry. Even a drop of water can reduce the shelf life of the pickle.
Other Related Recipes