- Submitted by Mubeen
(Athi Pazham Salad, Fig Mango Salsa)
Jump to recipe ↓
I once got a huge box of fig from one of my friend. Ofcourse, we all enjoyed eating the fresh fruit but this time I wanted to try making something with it. We love eating salads in our family. So quickly put together a few ingredients that I had on hand to make a simple salad. This fresh fig salad was refreshing and tasty. The slight sweetness from the fruits, sourness from the lemon and the spiciness from the chilies was perfectly balanced. If you get fresh figs, do try this recipe. Enjoy this Fig Salad as such or with tortilla chips.
Recipe for Fig Salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: NIL
Serves: 2 - 3
- Fresh Figs - 2 cups (about 1 lb)
- Mango - 1 (peeled and diced)
- Onion - 1/ Green Onions - 2 (chopped)
- Tomato - 2 (diced)
- Garlic - 2 cloves (minced)
- Green Chillies - 2 (minced)
- Lemon Zest - 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice - 3 tbsp
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Wash, peel and chop the figs, mango and other veggies.
- Combine all the above ingredients.
- Chill for few hours before serving to blend all the flavours. Enjoy.
More Salad Recipes