- Submitted by Dahlia
(American Style Lemon Pepper Chicken)
Jump to recipe ↓
Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken is a delightful and flavorful dish that combines the zesty brightness of lemon with the aromatic warmth of black pepper. This recipe provides a step-by-step guide to preparing tender and succulent chicken breasts or thighs coated in a mouthwatering lemon pepper marinade. The chicken is then baked to perfection, resulting in a juicy and aromatic main course that is both easy to make and impressive to serve. Whether for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion, this dish offers a burst of citrusy and savory flavors that will satisfy your taste buds and leave a lasting impression.
Recipe for Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Chicken Breast - 2 (You can use drumsticks too)
- Freshly ground pepper - 1 tbsp (or as per taste)
- Lemon - 2
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Gently scrap the zest of both the lemon and put it in a bowl.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, fresh ground pepper powder, finely chopped cilantro, juice of one lemon and little oil and make a paste.
- Make slits in few places in the chicken for the marination to get in nicely. Rub the marination paste all over the chicken and let it marinate for at least half an hour in the fridge. Overnight marination would be good.
- Transfer it to a baking dish, cover it with aluminium foil and Bake it in a 350 degree F oven for half an hour.
- Uncover the dish, transfer the chicken to a new tray and bake it for another 10- 15 minutes to crisp up the outside. Turn the side of the chicken after 10 minutes so that all the sides get crisped up uniformly.
- Remove it and transfer it to the serving plate. When it is still hot, add the juice of 1 whole lemon on top of the chicken.
Serving Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Have as a meal with some pasta and some vegetables.
- If you make the same with small pieces of chicken, it would be a side with any rice dish too.
Lemon Pepper Whole Chicken
More Chicken Recipes