- Submitted by Dahlia
Recipe For Pizza
For Pizza Dough (For 2 medium sized pizza)
- All purpose flour(Maida) - 2 3/4
- Water - 1 cup (luke warm)
- Yeast - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp
For Pizza Sauce (For 2 pizza)
- Tomato puree - 1 cup (Canned or home made)
- Tomato sauce - 1/2 cup
- Red Chilly sauce/ Chilly flakes - 1 tblsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 1 clove (minced)
- Oregano/ Carom seeds - 1/2 tsp
(NOTE: Topping is individual choice. Any vegetables or meat can be thinly sliced and added as topping. The toppings commonly used are shredded chicken, shrimp, thinly sliced mushroom, green onions, thinly sliced red onions, tomatoes, capsicum, pineapple pieces, shredded cabbage etc)
- Vegetables/ Meat - 1 cup
- Cheese - 1 cup or as needed (I use a combination of Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheeses)
To Make Pizza Dough
- Mix the yeast with 1 cup of luke warm water and sugar and let it proof for 5 minutes. This ia to activate the yeast.
- Take a mixing bowl, add the flour, salt and oil and mix everything together.
- Next add the water with the activated yeast. Knead and make a dough.
- Let the dough ball sit for 4-5 hours until it doubles in size.
To Make Pizza sauce
- Mix all the ingredients under 'pizza sauce' and keep aside. (NOTE: If you use fresh tomatoes instead of canned tomato puree, blanch and peel the tomatoes, chop and cook it thoroughly. Next add the other ingredients.)
To make pizza
- After the pizza dough doubles in volume, divide it into 2 equal parts.
- Take one part and roll it out using a rolling pin. You can press with fingers and roll out too.
- The dough will be quite sticky. Use little maida to prevent sticking. Do not make the pizza base too thick as it will puff up while baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and place the pizza stone inside while you get the other things done. If you do not have pizza stone, you can very well use a cookie sheet.
- Apply few drop of olive oil on the rolled out pizza base. This is to prevent the sauce from making the base soggy.
- Prick the base with fork at different places. This helps it to cook uniformly.
- (Optional) At this stage you can bake the base for just 2-3 minutes.
- Spread on some pizza sauce. Next add your choice topping. (NOTE: I usually add some onions, capsicum, mushroom, pineapple pieces and shrimp).
- Spread the cheese on top liberally.
- Bake it in a oven preheated to 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until the cheese melts and the pizza is done.
More Fastfood Recipes