- Submitted by Dahlia
(Roadside Restaurant Style Egg Curry, Dhaba Style Anda Curry)
Jump to recipe ↓
Eggs are something staple in our house. I always have them at home. Eggs are quick to cook and are very versatile. There are so many ways in which you can cook them. Each cuisine has their own way of making eggs.
I also love to try out different egg recipes. This is one such recipe that I tried and absolutely loved – Dhaba Style Egg Curry. It is spicy, hot and full of flavour. Dhaba Style recipes are all oily but loaded with flavours. These are recipes made by roadside dhabas. I’ve tried to create a few of them. So here’s the recipe of Dhaba Style Anda Curry – tasty, spicy and aromatic. Do try it out.
Recipe For Dabha Style Egg Curry
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Eggs - 4
- Green Chilies - 3
- Onion - 2
- Tomatoes - 6
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 2 tsp
- Normal Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Fennel Powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Gram flour - 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder -1/4 tsp
- Kasoori methi - 1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Water - 1 cup
- Coriander leaves - for garnish
- Mustard Oil – 3 tbsp
- Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 4-5
- Cardamom – 3-4
- Dry Red Chilies - 2
- Hard boil the eggs. Finely chop or grate the onions and green chilies. Puree the tomatoes. Keep these ready.
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan till it starts smoking. Switch off the flame and cool down the oil a bit. This step removes the strong taste of the mustard oil.
- After 2-3 minutes, switch on the flame again. Pork some holes in the boiled eggs. Fry these in the hot oil turning around so that all sides gets uniformly browned. Remove it and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the cardamom, cloves, peppercorns and dry red chilies.
- After about a minute, add the chopped onions and green chilies. Cook for 5-8 minutes till it turns golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste. Cook for a minute.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes till oil starts separating from the masala. Add some salt at this stage.
- In the meantime, mix the dry spices in a small bowl – normal red chili powder, kashmiri re chili powder, coriander powder, fennel powder and gram flour.
- Add these powders to the cooked masala along with 1-2 tbsp of water to prevent it from burning. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add about 1 cp of water with required salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 5-7 mintes.
- Next add the kasuri methi and garam masala powder. Also add the fried boiled eggs. Cook for 2-3 minutes so that the gravy taste seeps into the eggs.
- Switch off, garnish with coriander leaves and enjoy.
- Enjoy this delicious dhaba style anda curry with chapati, naan, tandoori roti or pulao.
More Egg Recipes