- Submitted by raji ramakrishnan
(Semolina Fritters, Rava Pakoda)
Jump to recipe ↓
This recipe is not mine but still sharing with you as I like it very much. This in one from the tamil tv channel I saw it partially. Hence could not understand the exact measurement of the ingredients. I tried it with my own measurements and came out well. Thanks to the lady for sharing the same in TV. This is dedicated to her. If she happens to see the simpleindianrecipe.com site, I request her to correct the measurements, if it is wrong.
Recipe For Rava Bhajiya
- Roasted rava - 1 cup
- Plain rice powder - 1 cup
- Gram flour(besan) - ¼ cup
- Green chilli (chopped) - 1
- Onion (chopped) - 1 big
- Coriander leaves (chopped) - 1 cup
- Hing powder (Asafoetida) - a pinch
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Oil - for frying
- Water - as needed
- Salt - to taste
- Mix the rava, rice powder, gram flour, salt, asafoetida, green chilli and onion.
- Heat a kadai and pour 3 tsp oil in it. When it becomes hot, pour it in the rava mixer. Mix well again.
- Pour enough water to make a dough. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes mix well again. Take a small portion and fry it in hot oil. Deep fry till golden brown.
- Enjoy with sauce or chutney as a nice tea time snack.
- You can mix cabbage, carrot, beans etc. along with onion.
More Rava (Wheat Semolina) Recipes