- Submitted by Dahlia
(Sprouts Chaat, Moong Sprouts Chaat)
Jump to recipe ↓
Sprouting is a process where the seeds or grains are allowed to germinate. This naturally increases the nutritious value of the grain. It also increases the digestability of the same. Sprouts increase the vitamin and mineral content of the grain and decrease the carbohydrate and calorie content.
Basically any whole legume or grains can be sprouted. Some sprouts have a change in flavour after sprouting. I have used whole green gram for this salad. But it can be substituted by sprouted chik pea, black channa or any bean.
Recipe For Sprouts Salad
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: Nil
- Sprouts - 1 cup
- Onion - 1/2(Chopped)
- Tomato - 1(Chopped)
- Green Chilly - 1 (Minced)
- Lemon - 1/2
- Salt - to taste
- Cilantro - handful (chopped)
- Mint leaves - 2-3(finely chopped)
- Mix the onions, tomato,green chilly, sprouts, chopped mint and cilantro.
- Add few drops of lemon juice to it with little salt.
- Mix everything nicely and serve as a healthy snack.
- For a sweeter version, skip the green chilly and add a tblsp of honey instead.
More Sprouts Recipes