- submitted by Dahlia on 01-01-2008
Strawberry mousse is one of my favorite desserts. It is very very refreshing. It can be had as such or can be served as a topping with other desserts. Best of all, its the easiest of all desserts to make.
Whipping Cream - 2 cups
Strawberries - 1 cup
Strawberry gelatin - 1 packet
Sugar - 1 cup
1. Whip the cream until stiff peaks are formed. Do not overbeat. Even ready made whipped cream can be used.
2. Add the sugar little by little and beat it.
3. In the meantime, wash the strawberries and microwave it for 2 minutes. Grind the strawberries in mixer.
4. Add starwberry gelatin to this strawberry pulp. Stir continuously until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
5. Fold in this mixture into the whipped cream.
6. Spread it in a flat dish and let it set in the refrigerator. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries.
- This can be done with other berries like rasberries, blueberries and even with other fruits like mango.
- Melted chocolate can be folded with whipped cream to get chocolate mousse.