- submitted by Dahlia on 12-26-2007
(Stuffed Bell Pepper, Simla Mirch ki Sabzi, Kudamillagai Masala)
Capsicum ( Bell Peppers) - 4
Frozen Corn - 1/2 cup (fresh corn can be used too)
Green Peas - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Garlic - 1 clove (minced)
Tomato - 2 (diced)
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Corriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Cheese - 1/4 cup
Oil - 1tblsp
1. Wash the capsicum and cut the top off near the stem. Remove and discard the seeds and pith.
2. Heat oil in a pan and spluter some cumin seeds.
3. Saute the onions and garlic slightly till it begins to sweat.
4. Next add the tomatoes along with the chilly powder, corriander powder,
turmeric powder and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Next add the green peas and corn and mix everything together. Let everything cook for 3 minutes until all the flavours blend.
6. Sprinkle the garam masala and half of the cheese. Toss everything and switch off.
7. Fill each capsicum with the mixture. Add some more cheese on top.
8. Shallow fry the capsicum on a pan with oil till the capsicum becomes tender.
9. Another option is to bake the capsicum in a oven pre heated to 350 for 15 minutes.
10. Serve with chappatti or have it as such as a snack.