- Submitted by Dahlia on 28th Apr 2011
(Bell Pepper Rice, Kudamilagai Sadam)
This is a very colorful and flavorful dish that can be made for lunchbox and even for a huge crowd.
Recipe For Bell Pepper Rice
Rice - 2 cups
- Capsicum (Bell Pepper) - 2 (chopped/sliced) - (I've used 1/2 of each colored bell pepper - green, orange, yellow and red)
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cashew Nuts (or Peanuts) - 1 tbsp
- Oil/Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cilantro - handful (finely chopped)
Coriander Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Urad Dal - 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chilies - 4 (or as needed)
- Curry Leaves - 1 spring
- Grated Coconut - 1.5 tbsp (You can also use 1 tbsp of Sesame Seeds instead)
- Cook the rice separately. Spread it in a tray and let it cool.
- Dry roast all the ingredients under 'To Powder'. Cool it and make a powder.
Heat ghee in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cashew nuts (or peanuts) and curry leaves.
- Add the chopped capsicum pieces and saute till it becomes little soft.
Add the spice powder, turmeric powder and required salt. Fry for a minute.
- Add the cooked rice and fry everything together till each rice grain is nicely coated with the spice powder.
Check and adjust the salt and other seasonings. Switch off.
- Garnish with finely chopped cilantro and sliced colorful bell peppers.
This rice has so much flavor by itself, it can be served with some raita and potato chips.
- It also goes very well with any non veg and veg side-dishes.
More Capsicum (Bell Pepper) Recipes
More Rice Recipes