- Submitted by Dahlia on 26th Oct 2009
(Minced Chicken Masala, Chicken Bartha, Murg Bartha, Punjabi Chicken Bharta)
- Chicken - 2 lbs (1 kg) (boneless, skinless and chopped into very small pieces)
- Onion - 4
- Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Green Chillies - 3 (minced)
- Ginger - 2" piece (minced)
- Garlic - 8-10 (minced)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 1 tbsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Kasoori Methi Powder - 3/4 tsp
- Cashew paste - 1.5 tbsp
- Tomato Ketchup - 3 tbsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cilantro - handful
- Salt - as needed
Heat oil in a pan and saute the ginger and garlic followed by the 2 chopped onions till it turns pink.
- Add the tomatoes and green chillies and cook for few minutes.
- Let the mixture cool and then puree it in a blender and keep aside.
- Heat some more oil in the same pan and add the remaining 2 chopped onions, chicken pieces, turmeric powder and salt.
- Saute it for few minutes, cover and let it cook in its own liquid.
- The chicken oozes out a lot of water. Let it cook till all the water that has oozed out has evaporated completely.
- Remove the lid and keep stirring till the chicken starts getting brownish.
- At this stage add the chilly powder, roasted cumin powder, kasoori methi powder and garam masala powder.
- Add the tomato ketchup and fry everything together for few minutes. The chicken tastes yummy at this stage itself.
- Add the masala puree that we prepared earlier and the cashew paste and mix well.
- Cook for few more minutes, add finely chopped coriander leaves and switch off. Murgh bharta is ready to be served
- Serve the tasty chicken bharta with any roti varieties or pulav.
More Chicken Recipes