- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 4th Apr 2012
(Quick Fried Rice, Vegetarian Fried Rice)
- Cooked Rice - 3 cups (sufficient for one person)
- Dark soy sauce - 1.5 tsp
- Chili Sauce - 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp (as per your choice)
- Spring onion (chopped) - 5 small ones
- Greens of two spring onions - for garnishing
- Oil - 5 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Take a kadai, heat it and pour the oil. Fry everything on high flame.
- When it becomes hot, add the chopped onions and fry for two minutes. If you are adding any vegetables, you can stir-fry at this stage. Today I decided to make it simple with just spring onions. You can add other vegetables like carrots, baby corn, french beans, cabbage etc.
- Add the chili sauce, dark soy sauce, pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add the rice and fry again till everything is mixed well. Switch off.
- Garnish with greens of spring onion.
More Rice Recipes