- Submitted by Dahlia on 24th Apr 2012
Almond or badam is a healthy nut. Substituting almond for coconut is one of the healthier ways to reduce the bad cholesterol in our daily menu. Almond chutney tastes very much like coconut chutney and goes very well with every south Indian breakfast dishes.
Recipe For Almond Chutney
Almonds - 1 cup
- Green Chillies - 3 (or as needed)
- Ginger - a small piece
- Salt - as needed
Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Urad Dal - 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 strand
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Dry red chilly - 1
Soak the almonds for 5-10 minutes in some water.
- Grind the soaked almonds along with green chillies, salt and ginger. Add water as per the thickness of the chutney needed.
- Heat oil in a pan and make a tempering of mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, asafoetida and dry red chilly.
- Transfer the ground chutney to the serving bowl and add the tempering to it. Almond chutney is ready to be server.
- Mix it together and serve with idli, dosa, vada, adai, bajji, upma, pongal etc.
More Chutney Recipes