- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 12th May 2012
(Amarnath Greans And Lentil Curry, Chaulai Sag And Moong Dal Gravy)
Recipe For Amaranth Moong Dal Curry
Amaranth Leaves (separated from the stems and cleaned/washed/finely chopped) - 1 bunch
- Moong Dal - 3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder
- Green Chilies - 2
- Salt - Per taste
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Urid dal (Optional)
Clean the amaranth leaves, wash and chop finely.
- In a vessel pour water and bring to boil.
- Add the moong dal and allow to cook.
- When it is half cooked, add the amaranth leaves, green chilly, turmeric powder, salt and cook till it is done.
- Remove from the gas. Temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urid dal.
You can have it with rice or chapatti. Specially it goes well with curd rice.
- You can garnish with fresh grated coconut.
You can add tamarind pulp with amaranth leaves and cook. Temper with mustard seed, red chilli, fenugreek seeds.
- The stem of the amaranth leaves can be used for sambar.
- In a kadai, put 3 tsp oil, add mustard seeds, urid dal, red chilli, when it is done, add two chopped onions, sauté the same till it is soft. Add the finely chopped amaranth leaves, turmeric powder, salt and cook till it is done. If you find them watery, you can add roasted coarsely grinded rice powder to absorb the water. Finally garnish with fresh grated coconut.
More Recipes With Greens