- Submitted by Beryl
(Kerala Style Chicken Liver Fry, Eeral Milagu Varuval)
Chicken liver is something everyone loves to eat, regardless of their age. Whenever I get chicken from shop, I cant find liver pieces in that, so I have the habit of buying chicken liver from certain shops separately and make it as Chicken liver pepper fry, which we all love it.
Recipe for Chicken Liver Pepper Fry
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Chicken liver - 1 kg
- Onion- 1/2 number
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder- 1tbsp
- Red Chili Powder- 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves - 10 nos.
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
- Salt - as necessary
- Cooking Oil- 1 tbsp
Marinating Chicken Liver
- Wash the liver pieces and cut into medium size pieces.
- Drain off excess water with hand.
- Add salt, chilly powder, pepper powder, corriander powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic pieces, and mix well.
- Cover and keep it aside for 30 min
Frying Chicken Liver
- Keep the stove on and put a pan on that and add sunflower or other cooking oil.
- When the oil gets hot, add the marinated chicken liver.
- Allow it to fry by sauteing in between with a spoon. Be careful not to overdo this as there are chances of breaking the chicken liver pieces.
- Flip the sides and do sauteing again on a medium flame.
- When the pieces are fried enough, remove the pieces from oil and keep it in a plate
Garnishing Chicken liver
- In a pan, add sunflower or other cooking oil and allow it to heat well.
- When the oil gets heated, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Now add sliced onion, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green or red chilly and dried red chilly one by one and saute well.
- When the onion becomes transparent, just put off the flame.
- Garnish it over the fried chicken liver pieces and it is ready to eat.
Serving Chicken Liver Fry
- Chicken Liver Fry can be served with plain white rice, chapatti, biryani or pulao varieties.
More Chicken Recipes