- Submitted by Rani on 23rd Jul 2008
(KFC Fried Chicken Recipe, Homemade KFC Style Fried Chicken, KFC Like Fried Chicken)
Coating - 1
All purpose Flour-1/2 Cup
Coating - 2
Eggs (beaten) - 2
- Milk - 1 1/2 cups
- Soy sauce - 1/2 tsp.
- Knorr chicken bouillon - 1 tsp.
- Freshly chopped parsley - 1 tbsp.
- Garlic (minced) - 2 large cloves
Coating - 3
All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Fine bread crumbs - 3/4 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp.
- Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp. (not salt)
- Onion powder - 1/4 tsp. (not salt)
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp.
- Black pepper - 2 tsp.
Cooking oil - 5-6 cups
- Chicken - 2 lb (cut in pieces)
Mix each coating ingredients in separate bowls.
- Heat oil in a kadai put in medium heat(to cook the chicken)
- Coat the chicken pieces in first flour coating and dip in milk egg coating and in final coating of bread crumbs.
- Deep fry the chicken in oil. The oil should not be too hot otherwise the outside gets browned before the inside gets cooked.
- Check if its cooked properly and its light brown in color.
- Put in paper towel.
- Serve with fries or onion rings with tomato sauce.
- If you want a juicier chicken, soak the chicken in salt water for 4-5 hours before applying the coating and frying.
- It is better to have the chicken in room temperature before frying as cold chicken takes longer to cook. As a result the outside will brown up faster before the inside gets cooked.
- For a healthier twist, you can bake the chicken at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes after applying all the coating. That tastes equally good too.
- Serve with french fries or onion rings with tomato sauce as a snack.
- You can also serve this KFC style fried chickens as a side for variety rice.
More Chicken Dry Dish Recipes